The Investment Principal works closely with members of the Fund to source deals and prepare the relevant research and analysis including quantitative and qualitative studies for investment activities. This position requires a unique combination of good business sense and proven qualitative and quantitative abilities.
Main duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Investment, the Investment Principal must successfully manage time, identify tasks, determine priorities, and complete deliverables to the Fund’s standards and deadlines.
- The duties are multi-faced and require the ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally. Identify and own the partnership with potential start-ups/ investee.
- Develop and oversee investment activities including initial screening of new investment opportunities, and meeting start-ups to source potential investment deals.
- Prepare investment presentations and memos for meetings with Investment Committee
- Perform due diligence on various aspects of the company, develop evaluation models, and deal structuring.
- Support ongoing portfolio companies in various key areas such as business plan development, business performance evaluation, value creation, capital allocation, etc. to make sure portfolio companies could meet their predetermined milestones.
- Collaborate with Research and Analysis team to conduct industry research and investment theses in specific sectors to evaluate market attractiveness and competitive landscape.
- Support other assigned tasks by the Head of Investment.
The ideal candidate shall be competent in prioritizing and independently working with little supervision. He/she shall be self-motivated, trustworthy, and open-minded.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics from a top-tier university. CFA, CPA, or ACCA is a huge advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years of working experience as start-up founder/core team or in the fund management company, venture capital, or audit company or in one of the following industries: investment banking, private equity, management consulting, and internal corporate consulting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment principles, investment strategies, policies, and regulations applicable to the investment industry.
- Well-versed in quantitative analytical techniques – ability to build quantitative models, analyze financial statements & build valuation models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Must demonstrate a sense of honesty, and integrity, with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, vision, and values of the fund.
- Able to meet deadlines that may require working in the evenings and weekends when necessary.
=> Apply the benefits terms from Company
- Submit your CV and Cover Letter via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: Only selected candidates will be contacted (via email). Make sure that your email and Spam/ Promotions box are checked regularly so that you will not miss any notifications from us.